[gmx-users] Re: 1-4 cut off error during EM

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jun 24 04:23:04 CEST 2011

bharat gupta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I generated the topology and parameter file for phosphotyrosine usin
> Swiss param and during minimization, it's giving 1,4 cut off error. I
> found that the cut off for 2 paris of atom is more than the default
> value. So, in that what shall I do??

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Errors#1-4_interaction_not_within_cut-off
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Blowing_Up

Note that this error is incredibly common and you can probably find thousands of
similar posts in the list archive (hint: search the archive).  Most errors are
described in the "Errors" page above (hint: there's lots of information on the
Gromacs site, so always check there whenever you have a problem).

> Bharat
> Ph.D. Candidate
> Room No. : 7202A, 2nd Floor
> Biomolecular Engineering Laboratory
> Division of Chemical Engineering and Polymer Science
> Pusan National University
> Busan -609735
> South Korea
> Lab phone no. - +82-51-510-3680, +82-51-583-8343
> Mobile no. - 010-5818-3680
> E-mail : monu46010 at yahoo.com <mailto:monu46010 at yahoo.com>

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate