[gmx-users] Re: Box-dimensions -g_energy_output

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jun 24 15:14:37 CEST 2011

Kavyashree M wrote:
> Sir.
>
> I am sorry for changing the topic. It was not intentional
> It just came as I wanted to mention the other part of the
> problem that data had.

I'm trying to focus the discussion because you've presented three separate
(maybe related) issues:

1. Wrong number of frames read
2. Wrong averages (in the case of box vectors)
3. Nonsensical standard deviations (in the case of temperature)

> I have checked the entire file of the gmxdump output
> of ener.edr firl for Box dimention as well as Temp.

If there's nothing suspicious, then try processing the file with g_energy from
4.5.4; if that gives the same problem then we can rule out g_energy being at
fault and the problem lies with the .edr file.  But if you're saying that
everything is fine, then there's no clear solution.  If I recall, you've said
other simulations you've done have given normal results.  In that case, re-run
the simulation that's causing problems (or at least a short part of it, to test)
and see if you get usable output.

-Justin

jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080