[gmx-users] placing dihedral constraints

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Mon Jun 27 11:38:37 CEST 2011

On 06/27/2011 07:31 PM, Mr Bernard Ramos wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I would like to freeze two dihedrals/torsion angles but allow the rest
> (i.e. bonds, angles) to relax during energy minimization and MD. How
> do I go over applying constraints? Thanks.

See
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Constraints_and_Restraints
to sort out some nomenclature. You probably want a dihedral restraint
with a strong force constant (though other approaches are possible). See
relevant parts of chapters 4 and 5. Work by analogy from the [dihedrals]
and [position_restraints] sections in your existing [moleculetype].