[gmx-users] implicit solvent and generic interaction

Makoto Yoneya makoto-yoneya at aist.go.jp
Wed Jun 29 09:14:52 CEST 2011

Dear GROMACS experts:

I'm using a GB implicit solvent function in ver. 4.5.4.
When I switched on GMX_NB_GENERIC with implicit_solvent=GBSA,
I've got the message,
"Fatal error:
Death & horror! GB generic interaction not implemented".

I'm wondering that is it difficult to add some code to nb_generic.c
for the generic GB electrostatic interaction?
If it is not, I'd like to try.
I'd like to use GMX_NB_GENERIC for my own modified version of
nb_generic.c to utilize Weeks-Chandler-Andersen (WCA) potential.
And I'd like to use the WCA potential with the GB implicit solvent.
Any info. will be welcome.

Thank you for advance.

Makoto Yoneya, Dr.
AIST, Tsukuba