[gmx-users] Re:Re: Tabulated potential for metal-oxide (Mark Abraham)

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed Jun 29 15:15:42 CEST 2011

On 29/06/2011 7:08 PM, manana koberidze wrote:
> Thank you Mark, what puzzles me here is summation, if it was only one
> term than it would be clear.

But a normal Coulomb interaction has the form E_i = q_i * SUM{q_j /
r_ij} summing over the other atoms j. If you can cast the electrostatic
component of the energy into a form dependent only on the inter-atomic
distance and atomic charge (as above) then using the tabulated
non-bonded interactions already implemented in GROMACS is
straightforward. See manual. If you need a different interaction for
each pair of atom types, then that is doable, but you'll have to make a
lot of energy groups and corresponding table files and accept
not-very-good performance - but I don't think you need this.

Mark