[gmx-users] Polarizable halide (Iodide)

Abhijeet Joshi abhijoshi129 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 22:06:18 CET 2011

Hi all,

           I am trying implement polarizable model for halides suggested by
Roux group.
I am not able to equilibrate such system.

System: Sodium Iodide in water
I am using following topology file for iodide.

Anybody has any clue what might be happening?

Question 2: I am having trouble finding implementation details for
thole_polarization.
How would that appear in topology file?

;
; Topology file for iodide polarizable

[ moleculetype ]
; molname    nrexcl
I        1

[ atoms ]
; id    at type    res nr     residu name    at name        cg nr    charge
1       II             1              SI        CI1        1       3.733085
2       IS            1              SI        SI        1        -4.733085

[ polarization ]
; See notes above.    alpha (nm^3)
1    2    1     0.007439

[ exclusions ]
; iatom excluded from interaction with i
1    2
2    1

#ifdef POSRES
; Restrain the oxygen...