[gmx-users] where does the gromacs looks for the top data file.

ZHAO Lina lnzhao99 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 16:07:10 CET 2011

Hi,

I got another question about where does the gromacs looks for the top data
file.

Specifically,

The ~/bin ~/lib and ~/share are under my home directory.
the general setting (in .bash_profile) can deal with executables (PATH) and
libraries (LD_LIBRARY_PATH).
How can I set up gromacs looking for top data files in ~/share

After in topol.top I put
; Include forcefield parameters
#include "/home/lina/share/gromacs/top/gromos43a1.ff/forcefield.itp"
I still have following problems.

Program grompp, VERSION 4.5.3
Source code file: futil.c, line: 897

Fatal error:
Library file residuetypes.dat not found in current dir nor in default
directories.
(You can set the directories to search with the GMXLIB path variable)

Thanks,

lina