[gmx-users] parallel running

mohsen ramezanpour ramezanpour.mohsen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 10:26:19 CET 2011

Dear All

I want to run gromacs in parallel on cluster.for this I follow below steps:
1-I connect to a node with ssh comand,fro example: ssh compute-o-1
2-cd scratch
3-grompp     -f   md.mdp    -c   input.gro    -o   output.tpr   -p
topol.top     -n  index.ndx
4- nohup   mpirun  -np  8   mdrun  -deffnm  output   &

The result is running mdrun on one node(compute-0-1) (on its 4 CPUs)
Besides when I used the following command I get an executeable Error:
mpirun   -np   8   mdrun_mpi     -deffnm   output  &

The Error is related to mdrun_mpi
I think is related to my cluster,because both of above commands work in my
laptop

Please let me know how can I run mdrun on all of CPUs of my cluster.
Thanks in advance
Mohsen