[gmx-users] Definition of helicity

cd231 at ipc.uni-karlsruhe.de cd231 at ipc.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Mar 9 14:58:18 CET 2011

Hi Justin,

Thank you for your notice.
I am afraid my explanation was not enough.
When protein atoms is specified, g_helix seems to calculate the
helicities for all residue.
And then, the helicity value of each residues is written into helicity.xvg.
The value probably means how much percentage of time does each residue
form alpha-helix.
I would like to know how does it judge the alpha-helix? What is the criterion?

Hiroshi