[gmx-users] IMPLICIT SOLVENT IN AMBER

Per Larsson per.larsson at sbc.su.se
Thu Mar 10 10:17:10 CET 2011

Hi!

Starting an implicit solvent simulation works just as starting a "normal", explicit solvent simulation, except there is no solvent molecules.
You should use version 4.5.3 for this though (4.0.5 will not work).

Then you specify in the mdp-file implicit_solvent = GBSA and use pdb2gmx, grompp, mdrun etc... as you otherwise would do.
The choice of the Born radii model is set by gb_algorithm = {Still,HCT,OBC} and the non-polar solvation is calculated using sa_algorithm=Ace-approximation.

Cheers
/Per