[gmx-users] Regarding error during genion step before energy minimization

Meenakshi meenakshi at atc.tcs.com
Fri Mar 11 13:37:47 CET 2011

Hi,
I am doing MD simulation of protein-ligand system using G53a6 as
forcefield. I got the ligand.itp file for ffG53a6 from the ATB
(Automated Topology Builder) server. I included the ligand.itp in the
.top file, generated an octahedron solvation box, solvated it and did
the grompp step before energy minimization. It was fine so far. However,
when I performed the genion step to neutralize the charge on the system,
it threw an error:
Program genion, VERSION 4.0.5
Source code file: ../../../../src/mdlib/ns.c, line: 2193

Fatal error:
Max #atoms in a charge group: 33 > 32
across this link
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.gromacs.devel/2846

I assume this is a bug in Gromacs 4.0.5. Has the bug been fixed?
Please help me find a solution to this problem.

Thanks,
Meenakshi Pradhan
TCS Innovations Lab
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd