[gmx-users] Regarding DCCM analysis with g_covar available in user contributed section

bipin singh bipinelmat at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 12:27:34 CET 2011

Hello,
I am using g_covar vailable in user contributed section (by Ran Friedman)
the description available for the package is as follows:

"This package contains a modified version of g_covar, which can print a
matrix
of atomic correlation coefficients (with -xpmc) and write all pairs with a
correlation > 0.5 to a log file (with -clog). Otherwise it is the same as
the
original program.
The xpm correlation matrix shows only cross-correlations larger than 0.5
(absolute values) on the upper triangle and all values on the lower
triangle. Thus, the upper triangle displays only the most correlated
motions."

As stated that the upper triangle only shows the cross-correlation greater
than
0.5, but I am also getting some negative correlation values(blue regions) in
above triangle.
I don't know what is the region behind this.
Plz help me to understand this behaviour.
I have attached my xpm matrix file generated using g_covar.
--
*