[gmx-users] isopeptide bond

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Sun Mar 13 23:32:11 CET 2011

On 13/03/2011 10:05 PM, Yulian Gavrilov wrote:
> Yes, I checked topol.top.  There are all isopeptide bonds ,that I want
> (according to atom contacts, angles, etc.)

Perhaps I've been labouring under a misapprehension. You've mentioned an
isopeptide bond, which usually happens between a side-chain carboxylic
acid (GLU,ASP)  and a side-chain amino acid (LYS), but also you've
mentioned GLY, which only has a backbone carbonyl. My brain read "GLY"
as "GLU". I would not expect pdb2gmx to cope correctly with terminating
the glycine via specbond.dat. Please show us the [atoms] and [bonds]
section for LYQ and GLYQ in your .top file.

There were other points I made in an early email to which you've not
responded, also.

Mark