[gmx-users] Re: g_hbond output

Erik Marklund erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se
Wed Mar 16 16:27:21 CET 2011

Erik Marklund skrev 2011-03-16 16.25:
> ZHAO Lina skrev 2011-03-16 06.33:
>> @ legend length 2
>> @ s0 legend "Hydrogen bonds"
>> @ s1 legend "Pairs within 0.35 nm"
>>          0           0           0
>>        200           0           0
>>        400           2           1
>>        600           0           3
>>        800           0           2
>>       1000           1           0
>>         :
>>      50000           3           2
>>
>> Here the situations, what's the $2 and $3 mean, why when $1=1000,
>> $3=0 if the $3 means pairs.
>>
>> I tried pymol, and on the last frame,
>> there were 4 hydrogen bonds, between 7 residues. it's different from
>> here 3 2
> Last time I checked there's no hbond tool in pymol (although that may
> have changed without me knowing it). I have seen scrpts that does it
> for you, but they didn't take angles into account. Hence, different
> criteria may explain the discrepancy.
I should add that there are issues with the current version of g_hbond,
and I'm trying to find the time to fix them, but I'm in the process of
finalizing my thesis, so I won't do it right away.

>> Thanks and sorry for last email without my realization it sent.
>>
>> lina

Erik Marklund, PhD student
Husargatan 3, Box 596,    75124 Uppsala, Sweden
phone:    +46 18 471 4537        fax: +46 18 511 755
erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se    http://folding.bmc.uu.se/