[gmx-users] installation of gromacs

Thomas Koller koller-thomas at gmx.de
Thu Mar 17 10:44:05 CET 2011

Hi Nuno,

I have still problems with the insatllation of the 4.0.7 version.

After unpacking of fftw and gromacs, I did:

In the fftw folder:

./configure --prefix=$HOME/local/fftw3 --enable-sse --enable-shared --enable-float
make -j
make install
export CPPFLAGS="-I$HOME/local/fftw3/include"
export LDFLAGS="-L$HOME/local/fftw3/lib"

In the gromacs-4.0.7 folder:

./configure --prefix=$HOME/local/gromacs --enable-shared

At the end I get:

checking for void*... yes
checking size of void*... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (void*)

What does that mean? Why is this not working?

Regards,
Thomas