[gmx-users] install problems cygwin

vijaya subramanian vijaya65 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 22 17:13:06 CET 2011

Hi
I am trying to install gromacs on a windows laptop with rhcygwin.  I am doing it as administrator
and I ran into the same problem when I tried installing fftw-3.2.2.

$ ./configure --enable-sse --enable-float
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /usr/bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking build system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name...
configure: error: in `/cygdrive/c/fftw-3.2.2':
See `config.log' for more details.

The config.log file is attached.
I read the config.log file but am unable to figure out what the problem is.  It shows
the right version of gcc installed and configure appears to find it.

Thanks
Vijaya