[gmx-users] unit of surface tension, KJ/mol?

Elisabeth katesedate at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 05:39:01 CET 2011

Thanks Mark for the hints. I am using a pre equilibrated box for both runs.
Can you again explain how Can I interpret this from fluctuations from two
runs? Below is the resutls from two versions: Thanks!

4.0.7

Statistics over 733801 steps [ 0.0000 thru 1467.6001 ps ], 1 data sets
All averages are exact over 733801 steps

Energy                      Average       RMSD     Fluct.      Drift
Tot-Drift
#Surf*SurfTen               203.778    3623.99    3623.98 -0.00203751
-2.99026

Statistics over 483401 steps [ 500.0000 thru 1466.8000 ps ], 1 data sets
All averages are exact over 483401 steps

Energy                      Average       RMSD     Fluct.      Drift
Tot-Drift
#Surf*SurfTen               203.129    3612.58    3612.28   0.168686
163.086
4.5.3

Statistics over 732501 steps [ 1.0000 through 1466.0000 ps ], 1 data sets
All statistics are over 73251 points

Energy                      Average   Err.Est.       RMSD  Tot-Drift
#Surf*SurfTen               2374.49        570    21081.3   -3251.38  (bar
nm)

Statistics over 384501 steps [ 1000.0000 through 1769.0000 ps ], 1 data sets
All statistics are over 38451 points

Energy                      Average   Err.Est.       RMSD  Tot-Drift
#Surf*SurfTen               2610.25       1000    21109.9    4638.38  (bar
nm)

Statistics over 483001 steps [ 500.0000 through 1466.0000 ps ], 1 data sets
All statistics are over 48301 points

Energy                      Average   Err.Est.       RMSD  Tot-Drift
#Surf*SurfTen               1645.07        390    20288.3   -174.289  (bar
nm)