[gmx-users] %hbond number problem

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Mar 23 12:52:36 CET 2011

gromacs564 wrote:
> Dear Justin
>       I download the script "plot_hbmap.pl" and input "perl $0 -s
> b4md.pdb -map hbmap.xpm -index hbond.ndx\n",
>
> but the output info is "Unrecognized switch: -bash  (-h will show valid
> options).";
>
>       then,I input "perl\n plot_hbmap.pl -s b4md.pdb -map hbmap.xpm
> -index hbond.ndx\n",and the output info is nothing?
>
>      So, could you tell me the correct usage? Very thanks!
>
> There are protein and sol in b4md.pdb file.The hbond.ndx file only
> contain the [ hbonds_Protein ] section:
>       1      2    603
>       1      2    619
>       1      2    634
>       1      2    635
>       1      2   1299
>    1942   1943   1917
>    1937   1939    113
>    1937   1939    114
>
> -------------------------------------
>
>  xiaodu
>

> My simulation system contains protein, dna and water.
> I used your script already for obtaining %exist hydrogen bonds between
> protein and dna

Then doesn't this imply that you know how to run it?  Neither of the above
commands is correct.  The first uses $0, which is a perl construct for the name
of the program.  The second contains a newline (\n) character, although the
format of this command is what you should use (without the newline, which is
printed by the program to the screen as help information).

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee