[gmx-users] units for atomic coordinates in traj.xtc? nm?

Jennifer Williams Jennifer.Williams at ed.ac.uk
Fri Mar 25 13:24:55 CET 2011

A very quick question.

Can someone confirm that atomic coordinates are stored as in the
traj.xtc file in units of nm (as opposed to Angstroms)?

I am trying to figure out whether or not in the g_msd program reads in
nm or Angstroms. The standard output of the xy graph is nm2 and ps. I
can't see that the units are being divided by 10 in the g_msd code so
I am guessing the traj.xtc feeds in the units in nm.  Just want to be
sure...

Thanks

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.