[gmx-users] flexible spc water model

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Mon Mar 28 14:37:35 CEST 2011

On 28/03/2011 11:29 PM, Nilesh Dhumal wrote:
> I want to calculate the vibrational spectra of water by fourier transfom
> of velocity autocorrelation function. TO study stretching and bending
> vibration I have to use spc flexible water model.

You probably should to use a flexible water model, but making flexible a
model that was not designed to be flexible is not the best possible
approach. Look in the literature for water models that were parametrized
to be flexible, and preferably ones that are already known to reproduce
such properties.

Mark