[gmx-users] converting ILDN parameters to RB

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Thu Mar 31 17:27:07 CEST 2011

On 2011-03-31 17.19, Alan Wilter Sousa da Silva wrote:
> I know it's supported.
>
> I was just investigating the possibility since I build acpype to create
> topologies for gromacs, but also it converts from amber to gromacs (like
> amb2gmx.pl <http://amb2gmx.pl>), and so I was wondering about RB with 6
> coefficients since multiple proper dihedrals is only supported for gmx
> 4.5 and above.
Unfortunately RB only goes to 5 and it would be a pain to support more
since the tpr format would have to be updated. The current solution with
the type 9 dihedrals is a royal pain in the neck too. I've actually
written a script that converts the present rtp files to contain *all*
bonded interactions explicitly (with parameters), and it replaces the 9
type dihedrals with multiple 1 type dihedrals (lots of them with all
zeros, LOL).