[gmx-users] implicit solvent GB force table

Per Larsson per.larsson at sbc.su.se
Thu Mar 31 21:17:48 CEST 2011

Hi!

The tabulated function is applied to all interactions, both bonded and non-bonded. The function is initialized in make_gb_table(), and accessed in the non-bonded kernels the same way as other tabulated functions are accessed. See GBtab[nnn] in the kernels for more details.

In calc_gb_chainrule() the values of dadx (the derivative of the radii wrt. to the coordinates), and dvda (the derivative of the potential wrt. to the radii), which are calculated in the kernels, are simply multiplied together to yield the total force.

Cheers
/Per