[gmx-users] Re: adding to liquids in the simulation box: one is in the right side of the box and the other in the left side

Vitaly Chaban vvchaban at gmail.com
Mon May 2 18:35:15 CEST 2011

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Maria Hamilton
<hamilton.maria39 at gmail.com>wrote:

> 1.Does any liquid have an individual "vdwradii.dat"?

"vdwradii.dat" is one for all atoms. It is in the same directory with
built-in topologies. The atom names in your conf.gro and this "vdwradii.dat"
should coincide, while genbox is operating.

> I found only one "vdwradii.dat" file in GROMACS folder.
> 2.How can I freeze the first liquid?

Use *freeze groups* and *freeze dimensions* keywords. See reference for
parameters in MDP to get exact names of them.

--
Dr. Vitaly V. Chaban, Department of Chemistry
University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14627-0216