[gmx-users] adding to liquids in the simulation box: one is in the right side of the box and the other in the left side

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon May 2 18:56:35 CEST 2011

Please do not reply to the entire digest.  Parse any relevant text, choose an
appropriate subject line, and reply.  Otherwise, the archive gets hopelessly
confused.

Maria Hamilton wrote:
> Hi
>
> I want to build my simulation box as tutorial. However I change
> "vdwradii.dat" file according to the tutorial liquid 2 mix with liquid
> 1. What should I do?

So increase the radius of whatever atom types are needed until the solvents
don't mix.  The tutorial provides a generic workflow for a discrete system; you
may have to tweak it to suit your needs.

-Justin

> Thanks
>
> Maria

Justin A. Lemkul