[gmx-users] Re: [gmx-developers] installing the parallel version of Gromacs 3.3.1

Alexey Shvetsov alexxy at omrb.pnpi.spb.ru
Mon May 2 19:22:10 CEST 2011

Hi all!

There also another problem. You are using intel compilers on amd based
machine. Intel compilers uses cpuid to identify processor and optimization and
they doesnt include amd cpuids at all. So you will have bad performance on amd
cpus. I'd recomend to use recent versions of gcc (gcc-4.5+) and math libs like
atlas or gotoblas2 for blas and lapack. This combination will perform much
better then icc

--
Best Regards,
 Alexey 'Alexxy' Shvetsov