[gmx-users] trjconv problem

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Fri May 6 07:57:40 CEST 2011

On 6/05/2011 2:06 AM, Sanku M wrote:
> I found it will work if I use -b 13.9 -e 14.1

Yes, that is expected. The time for each frame has been computed by
adding up the size of each time step stored in a floating-point
variable. Such algebra is different from normal algebra - see
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Floating_Point_Arithmetic. So some
time frames will be "right" and some will be a bit out. Look at what
gmxcheck says about the frame you have obtained.