[gmx-users] virtual sites set up for topology file

Gavin Melaugh gmelaugh01 at qub.ac.uk
Fri May 6 11:35:15 CEST 2011

Hi

I am trying to alter a topology to include 3 virtual sites and I have a
few queries, the answers to which are not obvious form the manual.
Do I declare the virtual sites in the atomtypes directive like so

;type     mass           charge      ptype     sigma(nm)
epsilon(kjmol-1)
   CB     12.011000      0.000000       A      0.355000      0.292880
   CA     12.011000     -0.115000       A      0.355000      0.292880
   VS1     0.0                        0.0            V
0.0           0.0
   VS2     0.0                        0.0            V
0.0           0.0
   VS3     0.0                        0.0            V
0.0           0.0

Do I give them an index number in the atoms directive e.g.

[atoms]
; atomnr  type   resnr  residue   name    cgnr     charge     mass
    1      CA       1   CGE        CA       1     -0.1150     12.0110
    2      CB       1   CGE        CB       1      0.0000     12.0110
    3      CA       1   CGE        CA       2     -0.1150     12.0110
    4      CB       1   CGE        CB       2      0.0000     12.0110
    5      CA       1   CGE        CA       3     -0.1150     12.0110
  229      VS1      2   VIR        VS1     85      0.0000      0.0000
  230      VS2      3   VIR        VS2     86      0.0000      0.0000
  231      VS3      4   VIR        VS3     87      0.0000      0.0000

Then if I want to set up a virtual site between the COG of 3 atoms do I
do it in the following way

[virtual_sitesn]
;site COG of three hydrogens at window
;site  i     j    k    func