[gmx-users] virtual sites set up for topology file

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri May 6 13:45:45 CEST 2011

Gavin Melaugh wrote:
> Hi Justin
>
> Thanks for the reply. To create a virtual site at the centre of geometry
> of 3 atoms, according to the manual, do you not say: [virtual_sitesn],
> the index of the site, the index of the three atoms and then the
> function type 1 which determines that it is COG.

OK, so that would seem to be right from Table 5.6, but it's not discussed
anywhere else, so I suspect that it may be a feature that either got broken
along the way, or for some other reason doesn't work, since it's not :)

> Or as I now realise. State [virtual_site3], site index atom indices, and
> function 1. The fact that there are no parameters then by default must
> mean it is COG. Is this correct?

I don't know if [virtual_sites3] can be specified without any parameters.  It
seems to me that this shouldn't be correct.  It never hurts to try.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee