[gmx-users] trjconv center on protein

Tomek Wlodarski tomek.wlodarski at gmail.com
Fri May 6 17:14:33 CEST 2011

Dear Justin,

Thanks, sure I will give more details.

This command I've used for trajectory conversion:

trjconv -pbc mol -center -s protein.tpr -f old.trr -o new.trr

Then I was analysing a new and old trajectory in VMD with my own script.
I have noticed that in old trajectory water234 between frame 0 and 1
moves 1.2089872880760837 A, whereas the same water molecule between
the same frames but in the new trajectory moves 1.4933788404331632 A
I check different water - water236 and situation was similar: old
trajectory -> 0.6436778227352694 A and in new trajectory it was
0.2921395545132566 A

So after trajectory conversion water displacement is different,
sometimes in the new trajectory is bigger and sometimes is smaller
that it was in old one...

I used the same conversion for part of my simulation where protein was
in the center of the system, and results were similar.

I believe is not problem with my vmd script because even when I open
in the same window new and old trajectory in VMD I can see "by eye"
the difference of water movement....
I am missing something?
Thanks for any suggestions and help!

Best!