[gmx-users] The problem of .trr file size limit?

Matthew Zwier mczwier at gmail.com
Fri May 6 21:54:35 CEST 2011

The filesystem you're storing on may not allow single files larger
than 16.0 GB.  What filesystem are you using?  ext3?

Also, do you really need to write such a large TRR file?  Can you
store to the TRR file less frequently (for restarts, etc) and store to
XTC instead?  You'll get *much* more information stored in the same
amount of space that way.

Matt Z.