[gmx-users] On posre.itp

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Sat May 7 11:32:58 CEST 2011

On 7/05/2011 7:16 PM, Mr Bernard Ramos wrote:
> Thanks for the response. I will be doing a simple MD
> without the positional restraints. How do I go about reviewing the
> code for posres? What I did was to add new ff parameters for a new
> residue I introduced. May I please know what file in the
> program determines the posres so that I can revew them. Thanks.

Please give full descriptions the first time. I posted a noob question
on the AMBER mailing list a few months back, and would never have gotten
the problem solved except that I included some details that I thought
were irrelevant, and someone spotted my problem. We've all got better
things to do than play question-and-answer. You might have invented some
atom names that pdb2gmx doesn't know how to cope with - but you haven't
said whether your apparently erronously generated position restraints
are specific to your new residue or not. Unfortunately you haven't
shared your atom names after I suggested the atom names were probably
the problem, and I'm not going to make guesses. There's various
databases in $GMXLIB/share/top for various force fields, but I don't
know your GROMACS version either...

I don't think looking at the code will lead to a solution.

Mark