[gmx-users] Fwd: Compiling issue : Compiling gromacs 4.5.4 with intel compiler suite 12.0

Szilárd Páll szilard.pall at cbr.su.se
Sun May 8 21:32:50 CEST 2011

Hi,

> Is there any common problem for an compilation with the intel compiler
> suite 12.0 and FFTW 3.2.2/Gromacs 4.5.4

Not that I know of, I've never had/head about such issues.

I just checked and I couldn't reproduce your issue. Tried with both
autoconf and CMake and with:
Intel Compilers: v12.0.2 20110112.
OS: Ubuntu 10.04.2 x86_64

I ran pdb2gmx on share/tutor/speptide/speptide.pdb located in the
install directory of Gromacs . Is your problem reproducible with all
available force-fields/water models?

I've no clue what could be causing the segfault, but I'd try the following:
- other ff/water model combinations;
- some other pdb inputs;
- binary built with CMake;
- as a last resort you could get a backtrace (build with debug symbols
and run with gdb).

Cheers,
--
Szilárd