[gmx-users] sphere around a protein

shivangi nangia shivangi.nangia at gmail.com
Mon May 9 03:23:26 CEST 2011

Hello,

Thanks Justin, I am getting somewhere but still running into problems.

     Okay, I have a 6 nm sphere (one Li ion surrounded by 1:1 water-methanol
mixture) in 12 nm box.
      I did the following:
editconf -f 1li.gro -c -box 12 12 12 -o onlyli.gro
genbox -cp onlyli.gro -cs mix.gro   -shell 6 -o li_sol.gro

    Then, used genbox -cp protein.gro -cs sphere.gro
with only 1 molecule of histidine I get the same error as with polyhistidine
( 20 )

Fatal error:
One of the box vectors has become shorter than twice the cut-off length or
box_yy-|box_zy| or box_zz has become smaller than the cut-off.

How can I resolve this?

help needed.

Thanks,
SN