[gmx-users] sphere around a protein

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon May 9 12:21:22 CEST 2011

shivangi nangia wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> I used 15 nm cubic box and 6 nm shell.
> I again tried to insert only 1 histidine molecule in the sphere. I get
> the same error
>
> Fatal error:
> One of the box vectors has become shorter than twice the cut-off length
> or box_yy-|box_zy| or box_zz has become smaller than the cut-off.

Please provide the exact command that gives the error.  I cannot reproduce this
using a shell value less than half a box vector.  You may also want to try
starting from a clean directory - get rid of old files and intermediates so
you're sure you're using the right files.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee