[gmx-users] problem while running grompp command

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon May 9 12:55:55 CEST 2011

rashi parihar wrote:
> Hi all.
> I am doing dynamics studies of protein-ligand dynamics.When I am running
> grompp command error is coming "atomtype SDMSO NOT FOUND" . I checked in
> drg.itp file
> [ atoms ]
> ; nr type resnr resid atom cgnr charge mass
> 1 OM 1 LIG OXT 1 -0.758 15.9994
> 2 C 1 LIG C 1 0.362 12.0110
> 3 OM 1 LIG O 1 -0.758 15.9994
> 4 CH1 1 LIG CA 1 0.154 13.0190
> 5 NL 1 LIG N 2 0.590 14.0067
> 6 H 1 LIG H3 2 0.001 1.0080
> 7 H 1 LIG H4 2 0.002 1.0080
> 8 H 1 LIG H1 2 0.002 1.0080
> 9 CH2 1 LIG CB 2 0.109 14.0270
> 10 CH2 1 LIG CG 2 0.109 14.0270
> 11 SDMSO 1 LIG SD 2 0.974 32.0600
> now in 11th row SDMSO IS PRESENT.How can I solve this problem?plz help me!!!

The problem is that your topology file is calling "SDMSO," which does not exist.
  All Gromos force fields use "SDmso" - capitalization matters.  Check the .atp
file for your chosen force field to be sure of the requirements of the force field.

It looks to me like this is a PRODRG output.  Please see the paper linked from
http://www.gromacs.org/Downloads/Related_Software/PRODRG#Tips as to why you
should likely not use this topology in its current state for anything.

> images[12]
>
> “Many Smiles Begin Because Of Another Smile . . . ."
>
> Regards,
> Rashi

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate