[gmx-users] Re: freeze the carbonyl carbon atoms

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Mon May 9 15:02:56 CEST 2011

On 9/05/2011 10:55 PM, toby10222224 wrote:
> I intend to apply an electric filed on the whole system and the
> possitive oxygen will be certainly affected.

Please give full descriptions the first time... otherwise everyone's
time gets wasted.

Under such a field, surely the carbonyl carbon atoms will also be
affected - if the oxygen has a partial charge to be affected by the
field, so must the carbon. Whether or not the other carbon atoms are
charged, they'll be affected through the bonds to the first carbon. A
rigid CNT seems to make little sense here.

Mark