[gmx-users] regarding nacl simulation in water using tabulated potentials

sreelakshmi ramesh sree.lakshmi at research.iiit.ac.in
Mon May 9 18:20:34 CEST 2011

i had three tables one for solvent na and solvent cl ions (obeying lj
potential) and na ,cl obeying my own potential.i have the following mdp file

em.mdp
title = nacl
cpp = /usr/bin/cpp ; the c preprocessor
define= -DEFLEXIBLE
integrator = md
dt = 0.001 ; ps !
nsteps = 60000
nstlist = -1
ns_type = grid
rlist = 1.4
coulombtype = user
rcoulomb = 1.0
energygrps = Na Cl Sol
energygrp_table = Na Cl Na Sol Cl Sol
rvdw = 1.0
vdwtype= user
fourierspacing = 0.12
fourier_nx = 0
fourier_ny = 0
fourier_nz = 0
pme_order = 4
pbc=xyz;
; Energy minimizing stuff
emtol = 1000.0
emstep = 0.01

*and topology file is as follows*
[ defaults ]
; nbfunc comb-rule gen-pairs fudgeLJ  fudgeQQ
   1        1         yes      0.5      0.8333

[ atomtypes ]
; name bond type mass charge ptype C A
  Na    Na   22.99      1   A   1.0e-03
  Cl    Cl   35.453    -1   A   9.0e-06

[ nonbond params ]
;i j  func   A           B               C
Na Cl 1   2.01E-09       3.154          11.2E-12   (buckingham)

I dont have idea how to include water topology and include  A B paramaters
for water-ion interaction (lennard jones)

any help appreciated,
sree lakshmi