[gmx-users] reg puuling error

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri May 13 13:10:08 CEST 2011

vidhya sankar wrote:

> Dear Justin thank you for your previous mail When i do Steered MD ,
> During final MD i got the following message in command prompt is it
> critical error OR may i ignore this message
> What will i do to avoid this error? I am seeing negative pull rate
>
> Pull reference distance for group 1 is negative (-0.000002)

Without seeing your .mdp settings, I can only guess.  I suspect that you're
using pull_geometry = distance, which cannot be used for any pulling procedure
where the reference distances change sign.  Use either direction or position
(which will probably require other changes, i.e. setting pull_vec rather than
pull_dim).

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar