[gmx-users] Fwd: Question => g_anaeig -first -last

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Mon May 16 08:19:50 CEST 2011

Hi Lin,

As these questions are not directly related to the tutorial, the
gromacs user list is the better place for them.

There are indeed as many eigenvectors in the .trr file as there are
-values in the .xvg file, and they are matching series.

The files you get for the extreme projections correspond to the set of
eigenvectors specified through -first to -last. In your case that
means the first ten eigenvectors.

The covariance matrix is positive semidefinite, which means that it
may have eigenvalues equal to zero. In your case, you'll get six zero
eigenvalues for the six degrees of freedom you remove by fitting the
trajectory. Due to limited numerical precision, these may turn out
slightly negative.

Cheers,

Tsjerk