[gmx-users] RHEL OS, g_mdrun

ram bio rmbio861 at gmail.com
Wed May 18 22:24:15 CEST 2011

Dear Justin,

Thanks for the suggestion.
Do we need to install FFTW libraries also while installing gromacs as
I think FFT pack got installed as default when the gromacs is
installed by the system admin using yum i.e. yum install gromacs.

yum install gromacs_openmpi /
yum install gromacs_mpich2,

because when i asked my system administrator he mentioned that he
installed mpich2 version of gromacs, but when i tried to locate
g_mdrun_mpich2, i could not find it in the path, instead i found
g_mdrun_openmpi and so i tried to run the job with g_mdrun_openmpi,
but could not run the job.

So it is difficult now to figure out why I could not use
g_mdrun_openmpi, even though the file exists in the
path:/usr/lib64/openmpi/bin/g_mdrun_openmpi

Ram