[gmx-users] problem during energy minimization

sreelakshmi ramesh sree.lakshmi at research.iiit.ac.in
Fri May 20 02:56:38 CEST 2011

Dear Gmx users,
                          I am trying to do  minimization of my system .i
have no problem wehen i grompp it but when i do the mdrun its giving me
some  segmentation error.I had attached the output of grompp and  mdrun
below.Any suggestions please.Thanks in advance
*OUTPUT OF GROMPP*

Ignoring obsolete mdp entry 'title'
Ignoring obsolete mdp entry 'cpp'

Back Off! I just backed up mdout.mdp to ./#mdout.mdp.2#
Generated 332520 of the 332520 non-bonded parameter combinations
Generating 1-4 interactions: fudge = 0.5
Generated 332520 of the 332520 1-4 parameter combinations
Excluding 3 bonded neighbours molecule type 'Ion'
Excluding 2 bonded neighbours molecule type 'SOL'
Analysing residue names:
There are:     2        Ion residues
There are:   875      Water residues
Analysing residues not classified as Protein/DNA/RNA/Water and splitting
into groups...
Number of degrees of freedom in T-Coupling group rest is 5253.00
Largest charge group radii for Van der Waals: 0.039, 0.039 nm
Largest charge group radii for Coulomb:       0.085, 0.085 nm
This run will generate roughly 7 Mb of data

Back Off! I just backed up em.tpr to ./#em.tpr.2#

*OUTPUT OF MDRUN*

Reading file em.tpr, VERSION 4.5.3 (single precision)
Starting 2 threads

WARNING: For the 1498 non-zero entries for table 2 in table_Na_Cl.xvg the
forces deviate on average -2147483648% from minus the numerical derivative
of the potential

WARNING: For the 1498 non-zero entries for table 2 in table_Na_Cl.xvg the
forces deviate on average -2147483648% from minus the numerical derivative
of the potential

Making 1D domain decomposition 2 x 1 x 1
starting mdrun 'NA SODIUM ION in water'
10000 steps,    200.0 ps.

step 0: Water molecule starting at atom 2553 can not be settled.
Check for bad contacts and/or reduce the timestep if appropriate.

step 0: Water molecule starting at atom 2595 can not be settled.
Check for bad contacts and/or reduce the timestep if appropriate.
Wrote pdb files with previous and current coordinates
Wrote pdb files with previous and current coordinates
Segmentation fault

*EM.MDP*
title = nacl
cpp = /usr/bin/cpp ; the c preprocessor