[gmx-users] memory problem of g_hbond?

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Mon May 23 11:32:22 CEST 2011

On 23/05/2011 7:23 PM, Baofu Qiao wrote:

> Thanks a lot, Erik!
>
> But could you specify how to build the index of water in certain
> region, say 0<z<2nm? It seems that make_ndx can't do that.

g_select can make such a selection, but you will have to script any
approach using its output to build (say) a pseudo-trajectory of the
water molecules that satisfy that criterion. However before you do that,
surely the hydrogen bonding matrix would lose meaning if molecules were
allow to diffuse out of the region treatrd by the matrix.

Mark