[gmx-users] regarding table for water water interactions

sreelakshmi ramesh sree.lakshmi at research.iiit.ac.in
Wed May 25 12:50:31 CEST 2011

Dear Mark,
                  Thanks for your reply.It cleared my doubts.I have one more
doubt.i first tried to just minimize the system ( the same spc model).using
amber03 and lennard jones6-12 potential.system was well minimized and got
converged.

Now i tried copying the same  table6-12.xvg,  file from gromax lib to my
current directory.
1.changed the  first adn second parameter to 1 in defaults section in
amber03 ff.itp
2.since ffnonbonded section is in terms of sigma and epsilon i converted the
sigma and epilon columns to A and B (a=4epsi^6 adn b=4epsi8sig^12)
3.now i just included the folling line in em.mdp file

pme=user
vdwtype=user
energygroups=SOL

renamed table_6_12.xvg to table.xvg
then i grompped it
* grompp -f em.mdp -c saltwater.gro -p topol.top -o em.tpr  -maxwarn 3*
Back Off! I just backed up mdout.mdp to ./#mdout.mdp.2#
Generated 2278 of the 2278 non-bonded parameter combinations
Generating 1-4 interactions: fudge = 0.5
Generated 2278 of the 2278 1-4 parameter combinations
Excluding 2 bonded neighbours molecule type 'SOL'
Excluding 2 bonded neighbours molecule type 'SOL'
Analysing residue names:
There are:  2961      Water residues
Number of degrees of freedom in T-Coupling group rest is 26646.00
Largest charge group radii for Van der Waals: 0.039, 0.039 nm
Largest charge group radii for Coulomb:       0.084, 0.084 nm
This run will generate roughly 5 Mb of data

Back Off! I just backed up em.tpr to ./#em.tpr.2#

gcq#42: "Out Of Register Space (Ugh)" (Vi)

then mdrun
  * mdrun -s em.tpr  -o em.trr -e em.edr *
Steepest Descents:
   Tolerance (Fmax)   =  1.00000e+03
   Number of steps    =         2000

Reached the maximum number of steps before reaching Fmax < 1000

writing lowest energy coordinates.

Back Off! I just backed up confout.gro to ./#confout.gro.2#

Steepest Descents did not converge to Fmax < 1000 in 2001 steps.
Potential Energy  =  1.5031059e+07
Maximum force     =  3.4432207e+04 on atom 1357
Norm of force     =  6.4161267e+02

gcq#197: "I Do It All the Time" (Magnapop)

Now my  questions are

1. I had experimented with the same potential 6-12 but why didnt the sys
didnt get converged when i usethe same orginal potential  as user  specified
potential.?
2.are there any other terms to be included  apart Fromm table in .mdp file ?

added theses lines in topolgy