[gmx-users] dipole moment

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Wed May 25 18:37:15 CEST 2011

On 2011-05-25 18.03, Nilesh Dhumal wrote:
> Thanks for reply.
>
> Here are more details about my simulation.
>
> I have glucose molecule in my system. I am interested in change in dipole
> moment of OH bond of glucose along the simulation.

The OH group is not neutral so your dipole is meaningless (position
dependent).

Otherwise the charges are constant and the fluctuation in bond length
(if you have a flexible molecule) will be small, or zero with
constraints. You should think what you want to get out. What experiment
you want to compare to.