[gmx-users] oplsaa vs. charmm

simon sham ssham44 at yahoo.com
Fri May 27 18:28:33 CEST 2011

Hi,
Once again, I appreciate all the responses.
1. To correct I just had in the previous email. I used GROMOS53ab not CHARMM. My apology.
2. At high temperaure, one of the helical turn in a alpha helix (3 residues) turns into a coil in GROMOS forcefield throughout the 20ns simulation. It was only slightly distorted in OPLSAA simulation in 20ns.
3. The RMSF (backbone) for those 3 residues: 0.3nm in GROMOS vs. 0.1 nm in OPLSAA.

As I mentioned, the protein is near its melting temperature, therefore, I am not surprised to see some helix to coil transition or helical distortions. As Justin has suggested, I probably will try to make a longer run to see what will happen.

Best,

Simon