[gmx-users] is it possible to convert NAMD psf file to gromacas format?

Francesco Oteri francesco.oteri at gmail.com
Sun May 29 22:58:45 CEST 2011

I guess it is tedious but, in my opinion it is more correct changing the
atom name in the pdb and using gromacs topology generation tools. So you
are sure the topology will be suitable for gromacs simulation.

You rename atom, using the command sed.
In particular:

sed "s/old/new/g" file

replaces each occurence of "old" with "new". Once you find the
correspondenze between gromacs and pdb atom name, you can solve the
problem.

Alternatively,you can replace atom name using some text file editor.