[gmx-users] Minimum periodic distance

Kavyashree M hmkvsri at gmail.com
Mon May 30 12:24:32 CEST 2011

Hello Sir,

The difference between the rcolumb (1.4nm) and minimum image distance
that was obtained between two hydrogen HZ2 and HZ3 atoms of 2 lysine
residues (1.39714nm) is 0.00286nm = 0.0286Ang,
Since this distance is smaller than bond distance between hydrogen and
nitrogen which is ~1.0Ang, So will this effect the results of the
simulations?
Kindly let me know whether I need to redo the simulation again? or is there
any way to correct this or can it be ignored?

Thanking you
With regards
M. Kavyashree