[gmx-users] Adding Hydrogens by pdb2gmx

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 12:41:43 CET 2011

Justin,

Could you tell me more about adding caps by amber tools?

1) I've found in that software ACE as well as other groups but they are not
standart

e.g ACE is below instead of simple CH3 group
             949 HH31 ACE    29       2.000   1.000  -0.000  1.00  0.00
ATOM    950  CH3 ACE    29       2.000   2.090   0.000  1.00  0.00
ATOM    951 HH32 ACE    29       1.486   2.454   0.890  1.00  0.00
ATOM    952 HH33 ACE    29       1.486   2.454  -0.890  1.00  0.00
ATOM    953  C   ACE    29       3.427   2.641  -0.000  1.00  0.00
ATOM    954  O   ACE    29       4.391   1.877  -0.000  1.00  0.00
ATOM    955  H7  ACE    29       3.582   3.629  -0.000  1.00  0.00

have you edited that group to standart form in amber tools or used
something else ?

2) How you place CAP groups to desired coordinates?
E.g if I use Edit- Unit Import Unit I can just import desired groups to my
pdb coordinates but how make linckage with N and C termi of my molecule ?
Or that linkage would be build by pdb2gmx -ter option ?

3) What another CAP groups in amber tools should I use for capping of termi
wich would be compatible with gromacs ff?

James