[gmx-users] tc_grps Justin Tutorial

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Nov 2 13:29:23 CET 2011

Steven Neumann wrote:
> Hey Justin and Gmx Users,
>
> In Justin's tutorial (Protein ligand complex) the mdp files (for NVT and
> NPT) consists of tc_grps when you specify two groups: Protein_JZR and
> Water_and_ions:
>
> tc_grps = Protein_JZ4 Water_and_ions
>
> In the mdp files it is specified:
>
> tc-grps     = Protein_JZ4 Water_and_ions    ; two coupling groups - more
> accurate
>
> Will this work with " - " instead of "_" ???

One approach would be to try it, you'll get your answer faster than typing the
email and waiting for a response ;)

grompp ignores the difference between '-' and '_' in the keywords.  I don't know
about group names, but I suspect it's simpler to just use the names that exist.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee