[gmx-users] query for energy minimization in solvent

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Nov 4 21:07:38 CET 2011

Anushree Tripathi wrote:
> when i run the given command i.e,
>
> grompp -f minim.mdp -c 1AKI_solv_ions.gro -p topol.top -o em.tpr
> It is showing fatal error:No such molecule type NA.
> How could I troubleshoot this problem?

Ion naming is listed in ions.itp - the "NA" name works for all force fields in
the Gromacs 4.5.x series.  Older versions had force field-specific naming so you
will have to change the name accordingly if you're using one of these versions.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee